Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Meet the Photographer…



I’m a thirty something, wife and mother, who is on a path to pursue my dreams.  I’ve spent my twenties staying at home, raising my children, and now that they are school-aged, I am spending my thirties, doing what I love. 
I have always enjoyed photography, and as a single income family, I couldn’t always afford to hire a professional to photograph my kids.  I did the best I could with my point and shoot camera, and captured some amazing moments with my children.  Last year, I upgraded to my first DSLR camera, and the world of photography opened up for me.  I’m learning as I go, and enjoying the process. 
The most important thing that I’ve learned, is that my favorite pictures, are not usually the ones with the perfect poses, and plastered on smiles.  They are the ones that capture a moment.  A real moment in time.   
The laughter.  The tears.  Wandering eyes.  Mischievous smiles.  The wide-eyed wonder of an exploring toddler, and the tantrums that same little person can throw.  Silliness.  Seriousness.  Sadness.  Joy. 
Life.  Life is what I strive to capture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment